A friend asked me the other day how Sewing September turned out. It is November, so I am overdue for an update on my progress. Truth be told, I don’t have a lot to show for what was to be a month of sewing. I have some baby quilts that you’ll get to see soon. And I have three baby blankets that I knitted during September. And I have one new blouse, a Colette Violet with some modifications for size – but it’s been put away with the summer clothes before I had a chance to get a picture.
I do have a new jacket. I had 5 yards or so of some hard to describe yellow fabric with faint green stripe that was just perfect for the “jacket express” pattern.
I made this jacket with the Craftsy class “Sew Better, Sew Faster – Garment Industry Secrets.” Boy, did I learn a lot, not the least of which was the time-saving trick of sewing without using pins. It didn’t take all that long, so I suppose I did sew faster. Mostly I’m just pleased with how well this turned out.
The buttons came from my stash – pockets and sleeve cuffs each have a slightly smaller button than the jacket front. I had only three of those and decided to leave off the very top button.
Unfortunately, it’s gotten chilly and I haven’t gotten to wear this jacket very much yet. It’s such a classic and versatile pattern, I expect I’ll have lots of opportunities for future wear and probably make it again.